Red Onions

I totally forgot!  But red onions taste REALLY different over here.

Back in the US we are used to making salads during the summer with lots of fresh vegies like - Kale, Spinach, Romaine, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Carrots, and Red Onions.  The first salad I made here in Germany after we arrived - tasted TERRIBLE!  I couldn't even finish it - it tasted soooo bad!  I thought it might have been the cracked pepper, maybe it was the salt?  maybe it was our olive oil salad dressing, then I thought it was the lettuce..... but the culprit was the RED ONION.  I am not sure why the red onions taste so different here in Germany, but they are a lot stronger and a little bitter.  I forgot that we had learned this lesson last time we were here in 2008 - too bad I didn't plan ahead and put some US red onion seeds in our shipping container.  :)

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.

1 Response to Red Onions

  1. SKILLS says:

    This is so funny - although I am sure it was not at the time - thanks for sharing Judi!

Leave a Reply

Your comments are welcome and appreciated. I simply ask that you choose kindness and love to embrace your words and share respectfully and joyfully with others online. Thank you! Lots of Love!